Obi has been a perfect, wonderful baby though! He is very laid back and doesn't fuss unless he's hungry. The first few nights he was up and feeding every two hours or so, but then the last three nights I've fed him at around 10:30, then not again until 1:30ish and he sleeps until 5:30. These four hour stints have allowed me to get some good rest and feel like I am getting back to myself a bit. It still hurts terribly to sit down, but every day it gets better. I do have my emotional moments, would by lying if I said otherwise. Once I start crying I have an awful hard time stopping...BUT, I absolutely adore being a mommy. I can't believe that I am so blessed to call this child my own. There are many times that I have been fearful or I have thought about what "could happen", but I am trying to remind myself that above all, Obi belongs to the Lord and He will watch out and protect him better than I ever could. That is very comforting!!
I was talking with my bf Elizabeth about breastfeeding and she said that she hasn't heard of anyone ever having such an easy time with that as I've had. For that, I am extremely thankful. For everyone who has had a hard time, I am so sorry!! I am just starting to get used to the routine of feeding every 2-4 hours. Obi and I are going to be attached at the hip for a while I guess. :-) I don't mind, it will just be an adjustment for me.
I've been putting this post together for the past three days and am just now making it happen. Funny how life changes, huh?! All for the better...wouldn't trade my new life for anything.
He couldn't be any sweeter if he tried!
2 comments:
sugary sweet!
such a precious boy!
Post a Comment