Sunday, July 19, 2009

Baby room complete

Jason and I finally finished all the projects for the baby's room today. Well, truth be told, Jason finished all the projects. I organized some diapers, added my opinion (which just made his day harder), and I took some pictures. So...way to go Jason for being an awesome dad already! Tomorrow is the due date. I am just hanging out like a beached whale waiting for this kid to come out. I keep telling him that he really can't stay in there forever and please do come out! So far he hasn't been obedient. Hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

Here are some pictures of his room:

#1- a little bookshelf and his basket of stuffed animals. So far we haven't had any go missing because of the dog, although he is mighty interested in them.

#2 - Jason made this awesome rope shelves to hang above his dresser. They are SO cute and I love 'em.

#3 We decided to go with an airplane theme in his room and we are pretty excited about it. All the ultrasounds we had done said he is a boy...but if for some reason we come home with a girl, we've got to change a lot around. This room is pretty boyish!
Yesterday Jason spotted this antique model bi-plane hanging from outside an junk store. We pulled into the parking lot and hopped out. The lady sold it for $29!!! We've been searching and searching for something this cool, but hadn't had any luck. They had no idea that what they sold us was well worth over $150-200. Needless to say we are excited about it.
Ok...so that's about it. Nothing else happening really. Tomorrow is the due date, so we'll see if he was just waiting for that.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

the room looks fantastic! very cute.

it's funny to read you want the baby to come early (i wrote those exact same things a few months ago). but most first babies come late, and the longer they stay in there (usually) the healthier they are :). best of luck with the delivery!!

Kristen said...

I am loving the nursery! Those shelves are awesome! :)

Elizabeth said...

You know I love the room. It is such a reflection of your and jason's style. I am hoping and praying your little man decides to come today. I am more than ready to meet him!