Friday, May 15, 2009

to my son

Dear Baby Herron,

Today is Mommy's last day at work. This is a big change in my life, after today I will just be a wife to your Daddy and a mom to you. I wouldn't have it any other way. We prayed and prayed for God to give us you as a gift. Now that you are almost here, I am getting nervous. Not "cold feet" nervous, but just jittery. We are so very thankful that you are on your way and it won't be long until we can see your little face. I can see my tummy move when you kick (which is ALL the time), but I am aching to hold you in my arms and love on you.

Yesterday was the first baby shower that we had together. You got a bunch of super cute clothes and blankets and a few books. You even got one outfit that matches your Daddy's style of dress - a Hawaiian shirt! I hung up all your clothes, and folded the little blankets and stacked the shoes. You are blessed already my dear boy. People love you! We have two more showers together. One here with more dear friends, and one in Kansas with your Grandma Campbell and her side of the family. I am looking forward to those two showers as they are a true celebration of YOU! I will confess to you though that it feels strange to be on the Mommy side of the shower, rather than a giver.

Baby, I want you to know that I am praying for you already. That you will be healthy when you get here. That your arrival won't be too traumatic (for both you and me). But, most importantly, that you will learn to love Jesus from a very early age. This will be my constant prayer for you.

You are treasured.

Love,

Mom

3 comments:

Kristen said...

That's beautiful, Liz. I can't wait to meet your little boy! Congrats!

The Wrights said...

Love this Liz! This will be a cherished letter by you and by your "unnamed" baby boy! : ) You'll be amazed what you forget if you don't write it down.

Congrats on your last day at work. Enjoy the freedom before the responsibility of the baby comes along.

Unknown said...

Liz, I love you! ~ Heidi