Wednesday, May 13, 2009

the last week

This week has been hectic. Every evening has had something planned...last night, I didn't get to bed till 2am (partly my own fault) and then had to be up at 6:15. An old college roommate is coming into town tomorrow night and spending the weekend at my house, which is great, but I am feeling tired and a little irritated that I won't be able to do what I want to do this weekend. When did I get so selfish? However, I am soaking up this as the last week at work. I am thoroughly excited about closing this chapter at 5pm on Friday, turning in my key and walking through the door as I open a new chapter of my life. Nervous, true, but excited! Part of me is totally ok with all the hectic"ness" and neediness of this week, as next week will be quite a different story.

Today I was praying for a friend. Well, really I was fretting and feeling like I needed to intervene and do something. All I could do was sit in silence and just whisper a prayer on her behalf. Now, I don't often "hear" God's voice and am always skeptical when people talk about "hearing" Him speak to them. BUT...today as I was squirming for this friend and feverishly whispering my prayers, I totally sensed God say to me "Liz, be still. Don't you think that I know what is best for her? I do love her more that you ever could, and I've got this under control. So, just sit back, rest and know that I am God." WOW...immediately I felt a huge weight just roll off my shoulders and I rested in the fact that God does know what she needs, and it may not be what I think she needs (imagine that!). Sometimes God is so tender, ever showing the shepherd side of Himself. I know He knew that I needed to be reminded of that today. He is my shepherd too. Ever beside me, today...making me lay down in some green pastures. It felt good to rest my soul.

No comments: