Thursday, May 28, 2009

God is good

Yesterday started out as a cloudy, but beautiful day! I was going to take my friend Elizabeth's kids strawberry picking and to the pool and then go to baby shower for my dear little boy. I thought that I should start my morning out with a walk though...like every other morning since not working. Well, yesterday that was a bad idea! We were walking downtown and my dear dog saw a duck before I did and he went chasing after it and before I knew it I was on the ground, skinned up and I had fallen on the left side of my stomach. The place where I fell was full of big rocks that were cemented into the ground, so it wasn't even a smooth place to fall. Needless to say, I was frantic, half-hysterical, and bloody. I almost gave my poor husband a heart attack with the phone call saying "I need you to come get me and take me to the hospital" (all done while sobbing). The worst part was sitting there waiting and not feeling the baby move at all. It is a horrible feeling of not knowing if he was ok or not! We went to the Siloam ER and everything seemed fine, they gave me a shot to quiet the mild contractions that started and the baby looked great on the fetal monitor. I got sent home that afternoon and proceeded to have a sore, but GREAT evening at my shower!!

This morning however, I woke up and had about 4-5 contractions in an hour and called the doctor and they said, come in...we want to monitor you. So, back to the hospital we went and we were there all morning. I was hooked up again to the fetal monitor and the contraction monitor. It was interesting to see the numbers go up as I felt my tummy tighten. I had some blood work done and that was fine, the ultrasound showed no sign of placenta damage and I am not dialated at all yet. SO....we are back home again and it looks like everything is going to be fine. I am to just take it easy for a few days.

The very exciting part of the whole ordeal was that we got to SEE our baby and he is a cutie! Definitely still a boy, he has some hair and is 4lb 15oz already! The ultrasound said that he is 33wks, 6days rather that my due date of 32wks, 3days. We'll have to see if he comes early or not, but the blessing is that if he was to come early, he is a decent size and all his organs are functioning correctly. The tech said that he has a perfectly shaped head which is fabulous (let's hope that birth canal doesn't mess it up too much).

God is good. It is miraculous the way that he has created our bodies to handle impact and trauma and still the baby stays safe and snug. What a blessing!

I will post pictures of the shower...but for now am just going to rest. My arm that was holding Pooka's leash got really twisted (I thought it was broken for a while) and so it can't take much activity before it gets super tired.

Thanks to those of you that have been praying!! You are such a blessing to me.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

So glad you are ok! Can't wait to see your little guy! You're such a cute little mommy -- already! :)

Angela said...

Ok... did you fake fall just to get an ultrasound? Ha. Just kidding. So glad you're ok. I did it, too, with Belle... on ice. It's so scary. Glad to hear the little cutie was ok. And you!

Elizabeth said...

I am so glad you're ok. I felt much better about things after I talked to you this morning and got your message this afternoon. I've been praying that the drama is over!

Now, quit falling. Jason and I can't handle any more of this.