So, yesterday I was on my front porch with a bucket of paint and a cheap brush. By the time I had swathed two good strokes across the top of my porch railing, there was a trickle of sweat gently falling down my face. I swatted a couple of mosquitos, did a couple more strokes and then plopped down on the porch...I was dripping sweat off my nose. It was so gross! I contemplated racing inside to find my dog's bandana to wrap around my wet noggin, but I realized that that just might be more gross than wiping the sweat off my brow every couple of strokes. My porch railing is freshly coated and I must say that I am proud to admit I am a fast painter...when the heat is about to kill me, I just crank up my speed to finish out the project. :-)
Our weekend was busy with house projects, moving a friend, children's church and errands. It was a good weekend though...went by WAY too fast. I totally didn't want to go to work this morning and really wish that I could feign sickness tomorrow. I must be honest and admit that I am not enjoying my job that much lately. I am trying to have a good attitude and know that this job is a blessing and that I could have a much worse job, but at the end of the day...I still kinda wish things were different.
On a positive note, I plucked a huge handful of ripe tomatoes from my garden today. They were juicy and ever so "garden tasty". I feel pretty proud of this green thumb of mine. This whole garden thing brings a whole new meaning to the phrase "fruits of thy labor". My labor fruit tasted pretty decent tonight.
Well...that's all folks. Keep cool in this weather. Just think, at the end of next month, the leaves will be starting to change again. God is good!
No comments:
Post a Comment