Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Ramblings

I was home, sick today. Nothing terrible, just achy and tired. I have been napping on my sofa with my lovable puppy beside me all day! My body needed a quiet day of rest and reprieve from my busy, oh so busy, life. I did watch 20 minutes of "The Price Is Right" this morning...then got terribly disappointed that Bob Barker retired so I clicked it off.   

I did have to work on my genogram presentation though today.  It is great to look at my family tree and see where I came from.  I am blessed to not have too many skeleton's in the proverbial family closet.  I am mostly proud of all my relatives.  And...I was again reminded of the funny fact that I am first generation American.  It seems so odd becuase my parents have lived in the states since I was born (other than our missionary time), so they, in many ways, appear very American.  However, they can't vote and they can't sponsor my sister-in-law for citizenship.  As Uncle Sam would have it, they can pay taxes.  ;-) 



1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

You ok? I'm sorry you're feeling crummy. I would make you chicken soup if I knew how to make chicken soup!

I'm sorry I didn't call you back. Call me tomorrow if you have a chance. Things are slowing down for a couple days.