Monday, July 21, 2008

a good read

Part of the reasoning behind my "no tv diet" was so that I could spend more time behind the pages of a book. My childhood was filled with brilliant stories that showed courage, honor, love, tragedy, pain, joy and simplicity. TV is not so wholesome.

If you feel the urge to read, pick up this book: The Shack. I just devoured it in the last day and a half....I couldn't put it down. I won't spoil the book for you because it is more than a story. But it challenged my thinking of who I have believed God to be and why! I found it refreshing to my soul, nourishing to my spirit. There is some controversy around the book, as some Christians find it heretical. But, I would venture to say that God shall not belong in a religious box, and this book helped open a box for me. Once you've read it, call me! I would love to talk about it with you!

In other non-related news...Jason, Pooka and I are heading to Colorado Springs tomorrow for a bit of vacation. The two of us haven't been home to see my folks in almost a year and a half, so we are looking forward to everything BUT the 12 hour drive. Pooka's bed is sitting by the door ready to be put in the car. He knows something is happening, but he can't decide whether to get excited now...or just wait to see if he gets packed along with all the stuff!

Tomorrow I go in to the dr for a blood test. Please pray that my progesterone levels are higher than .8. I should know by the end of the week what they are...I'll let you know.

3 comments:

Gow_spot said...

the shack-- LOVED what happened in the cave! rocked my world on judgement, who I am, who God is...
great read.

i am praying for you this week Liz!

happy trials to Co.

Elizabeth said...

I've been working on The Shack since before Addison was born. I don't like reading it at night because it gets my mind working too hard, but that's the only time I have to read. It is sitting on my bedside table and has been there for weeks. I will pick it up today, just for you!

Angela said...

Liz, I said a prayer for you tonight. That little baby of yours will make an appearance soon, I am sure. Remember, we tried and tried for Belle, and then when she was 6 months old, boom! Baby Dru came along. Talk about an oops! I prayed your house will be filled with the sound of little feet very very soon! And when you get a little anxious, I know three little ones you can have your pick from anytime!

Ang