Saturday, August 9, 2008

Thoughts on a Saturday evening

I am lying in my bed listening to the rain splatter on my skylight. I am again reminded of God's faithfulness and goodness. He watches out for the plants and the birds and the animals. I have a hard time remembering to water my own little garden! Somehow God remembers to water HIS gardens at just the right time.

I had a conversation with a dear friend a couple of nights ago, and if you haven't read the Shack, then you really do need to! But, we were talking about how God cares for each one of us in a special and a unique way. I was reminded of a something from the Shack. God the Father told his child that He was "especially fond of him". I think this really is the way that God thinks of me, and indeed everyone. He doesn't just love me, he LIKES me! What a humbling and yet truly honoring thought.

There are things that I am praying for tonight. Some are urgent, some are not. Some are for friends, one is especially for my dad. Some of my prayers are for me. I like that God hears my prayers, and that though He doesn't need to my prayers to know what is going on, He likes to listen to my heart and what I am finding joy and sorrow in. That thought make me really want to meet Him face to face.

No comments: