When I last posted on this dear little blog, it was with every intention that I would come back to it within a few days. Somehow the past four months whooshed (is that a word?) past me and here I sit...listening to the rain patter on my skylight, and the smells and beginnings of fall are right in front of me. Umm, how did that happen? No, seriously!! Going into this summer I knew that it would be a busy one, but I didn't quite anticipate the magnitude of it. And, yes, I definitly had time within the last four months to blog. But somehow it felt like I had nothing to say. Nothing meaningful or witty. Not even anything dull and mundane. And so I took an unintended hiatus from the blogging world. I've missed this place though. There were a few of you (all 6) that check my blog on a daily basis despite my severe lack of posting. Somehow it felt reassuring to know that someone out there was checking to see if I was still around. I am...still here that is! And, did you notice the new look of my blog? It was about time that I change it up a bit. I am rather excited about it. Gone is the boring, brown drab. I needed something fresh and new, and for now, I like it.
Towards the end of summer I started doing some baking for a local restaurant. I am still green at it, but enjoying (mostly) the journey. There are days when I wonder if I have indeed lost my ever-loving-mind. But the satisfaction of the accomplishment usually trumps my moments of insanity. Want to see?
Overall it has been fun. Time consuming, but fun. I may post a recipe every now and then. I've got some super yummy ones that I have recently found.
In the last month my baby has turned into a little boy. He is more grown-up every day and I love watching him develop and change. His personality is so very sweet and charming. He is more than I could have hoped for.
And, somewhere in this summer me and the hubs celebrated five years of marriage. It feels like forever and also the beginning all at the same time. I love that man. He drives me crazy sometimes, but I really wouldn't change that much about him.
Anyways, it is late and the rain is lulling me off to sleep. So before I start typing things that don't make sense I am gonna call it a night.





4 comments:
Your desserts look amazing! Who are you making them for? I've been getting into baking over this past year. My mom wasn't a cook so I'm learning as I go. Craig loves it and says I can never use a box mix again. I look forward to days that Addie is at MDO or at her grandparents so I can experiment in the kitchen. Next time we are in Siloam we'll have to get together and cook!
Thanks Heather! I am baking them for Emelia's here in town. It has been a lot of fun. Sometimes stressful as the magic "dinner hour" appears and I am trying to finish up a cake, put dinner on the table, and entertain a fussy/hungry toddler. BUT, it has been a learning experience...and an overall good one. The people at the restaurant call me their "pastry chef", which, I don't refuse to be called that...but I get a HUGE laugh out of it. Because, seriously, me a pastry chef? HAHA!!! I would love to cook with you the next time you are here.
I am ultra impressed with those cakes...way to go..you pastry chef, you!!!
I love it-"I really wouldn't change that much about him." You are so cute! Congrats on 5 years-that is a big one!
Obi is all grown up and manly now. He just gets more and more fun every day.
Post a Comment