Thursday, September 9, 2010

an encouragement

I have a confession.  I am horrible about making my quiet time with the Lord a priority. I want it to be. I need it to be.  But often it is not.  There are excuses and of course, there is some modicum of legitimacy to a few of those excuses, but most have none. However, today was a day where I spent time in the Word.  And, as is always true...God was ever so present in His word today.  I LOVE that the Word is as fresh today as it was when the author was blowing on the pages so that the ink would dry.

Today the verses that so encouraged me was this:

You still the hunger of those you cherish;
their sons have plenty, and they store up wealth for their children.
And I - in righteousness I will see your face; when I awake,
I will be satisfied with seeing your likeness.
Psalm 17:14b - 15

As a beloved of our King, I am cherished!  Not only that, but He allows for us to see His face. Oh how my heart longs to see the likeness of the King in me.  I don't know how to express in words how these verses encouraged my heart today.  Maybe they were meant just for me today, but I hope that they are an encouragement to you too. 


No comments: