Ok, this week has been busy. No, no, this week has been CRAZY! And this, dear friend, is exactly what I need.
Not just a "oh, that would be nice to have right about now". No, this is a chin the air, hands gripping the hair, eyes squeezed shut... "I neeeeeeeed some".
I am on day 4 of being home without my hubs. This means I am a single momma for the week. How's it going you ask?! Obadiah = hilariously funny, Obadiah also = getting into every possession that his father and I own. Which, on an average, or even not-so-average week I don't mind. I am all for him delving into his exploratory curiosity. But on this week o' pure chaos I need him to reign in that curiosity just a little.
We are moving in two days. We found out about this move 12 days ago, and though we are just moving about a mile from where we currently live, there are a million details to take care of. And, let's face it....moving before we had kids, and moving now that we have a kid are two totally different scenarios. The current moving scenario goes a little like this:
Me packing and cleaning. Obi unpacking and un-cleaning everything I just packed and cleaned. Obi naps. I pack and clean. Obi gets up, and mysteriously I find my skillets on the living room carpet, the oil paints are littered around as if he was leaving breadcrumbs to find his way. I currently have a huge pile of toilet paper that has been gleefully unwound off the tube. This means yet another dose of fumbling around looking for the end of the paper when getting up to pee at night.
At this moment the wee man is in his bed for the night and though the sun is no longer shining I am "making hay". Hence, the absolute NEED for some coffee. Four nights of going to bed at 1am are catching up with me, but press on I must. Because, if I can get a few more things in a box and tape it SHUT, then there are that many fewer items for my son to get into. Heading down to the coffee pot now. I still have a solid 4 hours before I will crash. Nighty-night!

No comments:
Post a Comment