This past month has been ridiculous. Seriously. I thought that when I would be stay at home mom that life may get boring and mundane. Ummm..not my life. It seems like there is always something going on. And, even though I really couldn't recall to you what all has happened in the past thirty days, it was crazy...really, it was.
This next week my parents will be arriving in town. Their stuff arrived Thursday and I was there with the movers to get it all inside the four walls of their new abode. It was SO other-worldly to see my little yellow schwinn bike (from when I was a kid...they've had it in their garage for years) show up in Arkansas. I don't know, I mean, that piece of my life was ages ago and belonged in a memory, or at least in my parents garage in Colorado. Not in Arkansas. The place where I grew into an adult. The place where I became a wife...and a mother. Crazy I tell you.
But this week is the week that my parents are arriving. I am gonna head over there tomorrow and Tuesday and do some cleaning/organizing and just kind of set a few things up. My folks are exhausted and I don't want them to feel too overwhelmed when they get here. My dad picked the house out...my mom has yet to see it. So, I want to help make a great first impression for her.
We are also going to Kansas this week to celebrate Jason's grandparent's 60th wedding anniversary. How amazing is that? The phenomenal thing is that they are still crazy in love. They aren't together because of a contractual agreement, but because they can't live without each other. I want to be like that 55 years from now.
So, busy week. Good. But busy. Hopefully I will get back here before another month flies past me. We'll see.
1 comment:
Looks like your month and a half flew by really fast! ;) HB
Post a Comment