Monday, October 12, 2009

it's so unfair

Guess what?  When I woke up this morning, I woke up at my house in Arkansas. There are dirty dishes in my sink, homework that is begging to be done, a living room that needs to be picked up, and a dog that wants a walk (but it is misty rainy). Guess where my husband woke up? In Cologne, Germany.  He got to go walk through cobblestone streets, drink FABULOUS German coffee, not to mention drink in the lovely German culture.  Yeah, I suppose he does have to work while he is there...but can it really be called work when he is in Germany?  No, I think not!  I am not green with envy because I really am excited for him to go and experience it, but I don't mind saying that IT'S NOT FAIR that I didn't get to go too.

Obadiah and I are headed out to Colorado later this week, so that kinda makes up for the unfairness of the situation.  ;-)  Obi will get to meet his uncles and aunt and his Grandpa.  I can't wait to take pictures of them all together and to spend time.  I don't get to see my family as often as I would like.  The last time that we were all together was last Christmas...I've only seen my mom and my youngest brother since then.  I am thankful for this opportunity to be with them.

I've got a lot of thoughts rattling around in my head at the moment.  Some are of consequence, some are not.  I was talking with my husband the other day and he made a comment about how he thought that after I stopped working I wouldn't have so many things going on and that I wouldn't be stressed.  It made me think that though my situation may change, I can still busy myself to the point of stress.  I've been thinking of what it means to be still before the Lord.  How do we carry on our every day routines while still living in His rest?  I am learning a lot about prayer at this moment in my life.  I am continually having to pray and give my thoughts (good, bad, worrisome) to the Lord and give Him charge of what goes on in my life.  I want to be led by the still waters and when I walk through the valley of the shadow of death to know, feel and believe that God is with me...because He IS!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

He is with you, and He loves you so much. What a blessed season you're in, even with a hubby in Gernmany (poor him) and dirty dishes and a messy living room.

I've never understood why people think a stay-at-home mom's life isn't stressful. I drive myself nuts.

I am SO envious that you're going to CO. I will live there someday, I will!