Wednesday, October 28, 2009

all blown out

You know when you hear the pipes in your kitchen sink start to gurgle and just bubble.  You wait with antcipation of something bad happening, and 99.9% of the time nothing bad does happen.  Today I found out that those statistics are not quite so high when your baby's "pipes" start to rumble.  Yes folks, today I had to strip my child down twice because there was poo all the way up his back and starting to make it's way toward his hairline. Both times I happened to be holding him.  Once at a place where it was fully appropriate to strip him down to his skin, and once at a really fun/fancy restaurant with all of the people from a photo studio sitting at the table with us.  The second place was not quite as appropriate as the first, so we marched out to the car, I popped the trunk and laid my sweet, smiling baby in the trunk and proceed to pull his wet, stinky, slimy outfit off.  For the record, a trunk works very well for changing a messy baby. Poor Obi though, I had only brought one clean outfit with me today, so I had to put him in his jacket and then my sweater. I am guessing this won't be the first time that I will have to give up my clothes in order to keep my baby warm.  Mental note to self: pack at least TWO clean outfits, you just never know when things are going to blow up, or...out! 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

this is sooo funny- as a story- obviously NOT in real life would it be funny. ~ H

Unknown said...

parker has at least one blow out every morning these days. it is usually first thing in the morning when he is in his exersaucer (the bumbo is also a culprit). now i always have 2 or 3 extra onesies with me! :)

Lois said...

A word to the wise, Liz, make sure you pack extra for yourself, too. It took Bruce three shirts to get out the door for church one Sunday. Thankfully we were still home.
Liz, I think I have an assignment for you...a book. You write so well that you could publish your stories.
Glad you enjoyed the trip...just thought I'd see chickens.