Tuesday, October 20, 2009

A tub for the Baby

We did it!  I made it to Colorado and back by myself with a 12 week old baby.  The ladies at the Denver TSA gave me the award for "most creative use of the tub".  See, I was struggling to figure out what to do with my wobbly 12 week old Obi while I took off my shoes and jacket, collapsed the stroller, took out my laptop, and put all that stuff...as well as the diaper bag onto the conveyer belt to be scanned.  I obviously couldn't put him on the floor, so I made use of the tubs and made one into a little baby carrier for a few moments.  Obi didn't seem to mind too much, which was a good thing since there was a line of people waiting to put their posessions on the belt after me.  As for the flights, my baby didn't cry once.  Not on the way there, not on the way home.  It's official: I have a fabulous baby! I mean, I knew that was true...but it was nice to have it confirmed yet again.

Our trip to Colorado was good.  There was some tough stuff, but it was a great time of visiting with my family and loving on each other during a time of need.  I was reminded about what is important in life. I am blessed to have people in my life with whom I can love, support, draw support, cry, laugh, and just be who I am without judgement. My family has warts, but what family doesn't? What my family does have is a lot of love for each other, and that is what matters!

I am exhausted, so I am heading to bed...but I just wanted to post briefly to say that we are home again and that God has once again proven Himself to be faithful. I saw that evidenced in both the big and the small details of this trip.  God is good, in so very many ways.

2 comments:

Lois said...

Liz, you are so right. Your family does have a lot of love and they/you all love to share it with others. I, for one am really thankful for that, as you've all taken me in.
Glad it went well. Was praying for all of you and will continue to do so.
Love, Lois

Ava said...

Welcome Home!
We missed you at Bible Study!
xoxo, jka