Tonight I have nothing profound to write about, just some random thoughts and questions like,
- Why do most people have their blinds/curtains closed all the time? Seriously, every time I go for a walk (usually during the day) almost no window has it's curtains open. Why not let the sunshine in? No wonder some people suffer fromd depression and seasonal affective disorder! I would too if I lived in a house that was rarely opened up to the beautiful day.
- Every year I say that I want to grow a garden. This year I didn't becuase let's face it, I couldn't bend over! I know it's not time for new year's resolutions yet, but I am going to take some time this spring and really plan out a garden for this next summer/fall. I am so wishing that I had some fall veggies that I could harvest right about now.
- I went on a walk today and it smelled like fall. Apparently the fall smell really is just moldy rotting leaves that have fallen and gotten wet and are now decomposing. Who knew that mold could smell so good? And, isn't it amazing at how you don't smell fall for months and then that first whiff of it in October is so familiar?
- In the middle of September I joined a ladies Bible study and we are going through the Book of Daniel. I am LOVING it!! There is so much to glean from that book and so much of it I've overlooked in the past. Also, I am having to eat my words. I've always been a scoffer of women's Bible studies (my brothers were also fellow scoffers), mainly because it seemed like, well, a pansy thing to belong to. You know, just mushy ladies that only talk about the gentle side of God. This study is anything but that. And, maybe becuase I am now a mom and a "stay at home-er" that I crave interaction with other women, other mom's.
- This weekend I was in the library at the University of Arkansas feeding Obi (I know, I know...a random place to feed my kid) and well...there were only about 5 people in the room we were in, but Obi tooted while he was eating. It wasn't a quiet toot either, he just let it rip! All of the sudden I was really questioning my judgement for choosing the library, of all places, to nurse Obi. At least the Korean dude sitting across from me didn't seem too disturbed.
That's all I got for tonight folks. Have a great week!
1 comment:
Liz, you will learn that your children can embarrass you without even trying.
Post a Comment