Obi,
Fifteen weeks ago tonight we were holding you in our arms for the very first time. We knew life was going to change...and it has. But at the same time, it feels like you've been a part of our lives forever and so life is very much un-changed.
I know that every momma thinks that their baby is best. But, the secret between you and I is that YOU really ARE the best. You rarely cry, unless something is wrong. Your little squeeky voice is like music to my ears when you "talk". We listen to a lot of that music at our house!! Every day is a new discovery for you. You are constantly inspecting things and checking out all that goes on around you. The only way that you will nap is if it is just you and I here at the house and there is nothing much going on. If there is a party happening, then my dear boy, you want to be in the middle of it. I would like to take this time to tell you that naps are our friends! :-)
You bring so much joy to our lives and we are ever so thankful that God chose to send us you. We are more than a little humbled! You bring out the best in both your dad and I. We adore being your parents and we wouldn't change anything. I am not wishing this time away because already I miss the newborn Obi, but I am so excited for when you are able to do all the stuff that I know you are dying to do! We are going to have a blast together my son.
Your full head of hair is now just a fluffy patch on the top of your head. It doesn't stick up as much as it used to, but you are starting to get a bunch of fuzz all over your head. Hmmm...will it be blonde? or brown? I think it will be blonde, just like your daddy! People stop me everywhere we go and they comment on what an adorable baby you are (yes, I admit to having a bit of pride about that fact). If they know your daddy, the very next thing they tell me is that you look just like him. I am alright with that. You are just not allowed to pull all the stunts that he did when he was little, ok?!
Son, I am praying that the seeds we are sowing in your life will rest on good soil. I love that you are cute and smart and funny, but more than anything, I want for you to love Jesus! We are praying blessings over your life. May you live up to the meaning of your name Obadiah: servant of God.
You are much loved by me (and your daddy)!
Mom
1 comment:
Liz, you make me cry.
Post a Comment