Thursday, November 12, 2009

As of tomorrow it will have been six whole months since I last worked.  Well, let me correct that statement...since I last worked at an office.  Since I last worked? Hmm...2 hrs, 49 min. :-) Jason and I were talking about different jobs in the world and he was commenting that I would love working at a place like Williams Sonoma. I thought about it for 3 seconds and then thought nope...I LOVE my current job.  You know, each day as Obadiah can do more and more, my job gets more rewarding. The dirty diapers aren't really a perk, but giggles I get when my Obi has a clean bum sure are!  I had someone comment to me the other day that she wasn't made to stay at home all day.  Frankly, I am not sure I have met anyone who was meant to be inside all day, every day.  It is true, there have been a few days when I have had to resort to going to Wal-Mart for a little excursion.  Glamorous? Not quite. But hey...I get to say hello to the greeters and the check-out person...so it isn't all that bad!  I am so thankful for

On a separate note, there are some things that have been weighing on my mind lately.  So, I've been praying.  I haven't seen the Lord answer the prayers yet, but I have seen Him at work at my heart as I have been praying.  Perhaps that is equally as important as the answer to the prayer itself. I am continually reminded of how the scriptures talk about how when we seek the Lord with our whole hearts He will be found!  I want that to be true of me.  I do not want to live with a divided heart, but rather as one that is completely seeking after the Lord. I have a looooooong ways to go.

1 comment:

Lois said...

Liz, I think you and I would have the same talks that Verna and I have. That's exactly what God wants from/of us...hearts that seek after Him.
As far as His answers, they come in His time. I know you know this, Liz. If you are like me at all, it is hard to wait for His answers to come at times...especially when it takes a long time. On the side, I don't pray for patience any more because it comes from tribulation and I have enough of that in my life. Instead, I pray for His grace to live as I should while I wait or go through trials.
The answers will come, Liz. I have an idea that we are waiting for some of the same answers. It's a priviledge to be praying together.