Monday, October 26, 2009

After two weeks of being sick myself, I am finally well!  My darling baby boy started with a fever on Wednesday night and since I am a new parent, and since swine flu is going around, I decided to do the mature and wise thing and take my sweet Obi to the doctor.  His lungs, ears and throat were clear, but the doctor put him on Tamiflu for his other symptoms.  After listening to what the doctor said about swine flu, I am guessing that that is what I had for two weeks.  We are MUCH better now.  Ready to dive back into life with full force.

I've made my decision.  About school. I am going to say farewell to my books, professors, and my homework.  I feel confident about this decision.  There will be things that I will greatly miss about my grad school program. But, there are things that I would miss a great deal more if I continued! When I started with school I wasn't sure when a baby would make his/her way to our front door.  Now that my son is here I don't want to trade anything else for time with him.  I absolutely adore being his mommy, and for me, this is the right decision. There may be days when I want to do something other than change diapers, wipe a nose, and pick up toys.  I will tackle those days when they come.  If and when the day comes that it is right for our family for me to return to school then I will gladly go. Right now I gladly am staying home. I prayed about this decision and feel at peace about it.

Obi and I are heading to St. Louis tomorrow with Jason.  He has to go for work and since he's been gone so much lately, the two of us decided to tag along with him.  It's a bit of a spur of the moment decision, but we are excited to go see fabulous St. Lou together.  I used to recruit in St. Louis, but this will be my first time there as a non-working girl. 

I'll give you an update as to how our little road trip goes!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Have fun in St. Louis! I really, really wish I was going too.

Lois said...

Liz, you won't regret your decision! God bless as you become a "stay at home"? mom.