Wednesday, January 28, 2009

baby it's cold outside

I usually whine at how ugly Oklahoma looks because of all the broken trees due to terrible ice storms. Looks like I am going to have to expand my whining to include Arkansas. Monday night it started raining...Tuesday the drizzle and sleet continued on and on. And well, today, the sun came out but it is too cold to do much. Our power has been out since yesterday morning and so I tossed all of my freezer items outside and am waiting for power to come back on before I tackle the stench in my fridge. Jason and I each have little caving headlights that came in awfully handy for cooking and reading last night. This morning though I realized that the novelty of not having power/heat/hot water/internet has completely worn off. Today I went to the university and got a hot shower in the locker room, and then successfully got stuck in the parking lot. Jason and I have bummed from place to place looking for heat, an outlet and some wifi. We have been successful. We are sitting in a little side room of the local coffee shop getting some internet stuff done and charging our laptops so that maybe tonight we can watch a movie all huddled in bed together. Fortunately our house only dipped to 50 degrees last night, so it was chilly, but not unbearable. Work and schools were all closed today....here are some pictures of our yard. LOTS of work ahead of us.

From our front porch, some of these branches fell on the house, but no damage that we can see.

My poor front tree...it gets uglier each winter and spring. We may end up taking it down, but I will greatly miss it.

This picture kind of shows the war zone our poor neighborhood is in.

Ok...so here it is..a belly picture. This was actually taken three weeks ago? But I don't think much has changed. I look awful in this picture and there is a wierd shadow in front of my belly, but here it is just the same:

The other day my husband and I took our dog for a frisbee run in the soccer field, he was being a clown, but I love this picture.
Ok...I am going to brave the roads again and go home. I better get the candles going again before it gets too dark. Hope everyone else is fareing well.

2 comments:

Ava said...

Hello!
I missed our time together today! We have yet to lose power...you are welcome to come over if you need warmth etc..
Love your belly...you look great...can't wait to celebrate your sweet little bebe!
Love, jka

Elizabeth said...

I didn't know you'd lost power! Jenny said they haven't, and we've been all toasty warm. Is it back on yet?

Your tummy is so tiny and darling. But soon it will GROW and I can't wait!!