Thursday, January 8, 2009

I am back

December was a blurr. I could not even tell you what all happened during the month. I feel like life is just charging by and I am being trampled. I want to stop, and (pardon the cliche) smell the roses. Anyways, so that is what I did during the last three weeks. I took two full weeks off of work and though we spent a good chunk of that visiting family, which was great, I did manage to just veg out, not answer my phone or e-mail, I didn't get on my laptop and it was FABULOUS! I admit to being a hermit, but I am starting to feel a little refreshed.

We went to the doctor's today for an appointment! We are 12 weeks, 4 days though the pregnancy. I haven't really felt sick at all in the past week and, other than being extremely hungry ALL the time, I don't feel different than my non-prego self. Jason came with me today and we heard the heartbeat of our little peanut. It was amazing to hear that little pitter patter and know that it is growing and moving. Everything is going well so far, and we are right on track.

Next week will be a little crazy. I start back up to school and then we also have our annual scholarship competition at work, so I have roughly 120 kids and their parents coming to school. Needless to say, I am not ready to relinquish my holiday or "hermithood". :-) Happy 2009!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

So excited for you and Jason in your journey to parenthood! He or She will be here before you know it! :)

CONGRATS!!!!!