Wednesday, January 14, 2009

the swing of things

Why do people say "back into the swing of things"? Swings are fanciful and freeing. The "swing of things" is anything BUT! We are having a very large scholarship competition at our university on Sunday/Monday. I have over 250 people showing up on campus and I am the host for every one of them. Planning for the event has been smooth enough until yesterday. I am thoroughly wiped out, and there is still 5 days before it is over. I am supposed to be grocery shopping right now and planning for the week, but instead, I am camped on my couch...unable to move.

There have been many things that I have been mulling over in my mind over the last month, and I will write about them next week. Also, I will post a belly picture. :-) But for now, in the midst of all this craziness, I am celebrating this good news for a sweet friend.

God is still so good and very faithful. What a friend we DO have in Jesus.

2 comments:

Gow_spot said...

1st- you are an amazing hostess liz!
i am 100% confident that you will kick hiney with Scholarship Comp!
i believe in you!
and so does Kim!
and so do your counselors!
and so do your interns!
and so does Jason!
(and pooka!)
and so does Jesus!
=)

2nd-- WOOT WOOT! we are prego together! i wondered if you had gotten any of my messages! WOOT WOOT!
love you!
call or email when you have recooped from Scholarship Comp.
hey- wanna take a few days off and come and brighten up our lives?
would be SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good for the soul!

k. love ya and praying!
si se puede loquita!

Angela said...

Can't wait for the belly picture! And to hear baby names... if you're telling. I'm a sucker for baby names.