Saturday, September 13, 2008

A Rekindled Love

My sweet hubby and I spent our day together. We leisurely got up this morning, read some magazines on the couch, and then we wandered over to Fayetteville. Last weekend we discovered this store that buys, sells & trades old movies. We bought a few last Saturday, and today we took in over 20 movies in that we NEVER watch. There were a few that I have not even seen in the whole time we have been married. We were given $22.72 in store credit to trade against other movies. I picked out two...Jewel of the Nile, and then my all time favorite childhood hero(and, I'll admit it...adult hero too): Macgyver!
I have always appreciate his smart wit, good humor, ingenuity and white high-tops. Today I watched three episodes and I was reminded again of why I feel "in love" with Macgyver...embarassing as it is to confess, when I was 11 I definitly thought about marrying him. He has such great hair. Haha! More than anything though, I was thinking today that they just don't make movies or TV shows like they used to. Everything is so trashy these days. If I could, I would go back to 1982 and relive the 80's as a 25 year old. No such luck, I am surely stuck in the 21st century.

Since I am on such an 80's (and early 90's) movie kick, I am curious about what are your favorite movies from then?

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I heart Can't Buy me Love, Girls Just Wanna Have Fun, and Pretty in Pink. Oh, and Pretty Woman. When I think of a few more, I'll let you know. I miss the 90's!

The Wrights said...

Hmmm. Pretty Woman definitely. Top Gun is a must. Especially the men's volleyball scene. : ) I'm terrible about remembering movies.