Thursday, September 4, 2008

scratchy throat

I woke this morning to the sound of rain dripping on my skylight...the first thought that went through my head was "I can't do it...I just can't make myself crawl out of bed". 9 minutes later, the alarm starting blaring in my left ear again. I felt so icky and gross! I hate getting sick. If I ever get the "poorly's" (as my British relatives call it) I always end up with a sore throat and ears that get plugged up. This is not the time to get sick. I have my first ever Visit Event at my job on Sunday/Monday and I feel so lost in the details and not sure that I am remembering everything correctly. I am just praying that Jesus would touch my body and give me stregnth and the ability to swallow without much pain.

I was going to wait until Saturday (day 31) to take a prego test...but I can't do it. It is consuming my thoughts, so I went to the store this afternoon and picked up a box. Does anyone else ever feel self conscious walking around the store with a box of home pregnancy tests? I always scout the aisle and surrounding aisles to make sure that A- there is no one that I know nearby and B- that there are no men hanging around looking at the athlete's foot medication (WHY is that next to female hygiene and pregnancy products?). I usually do a casual walk by, swipe a box nonchalantly off the shelf and then proceed to cover it up inconspicuously with other things in my cart. From there I just plow my way to the check out and pretend like the pregnancy test box doesn't matter to me anymore than a that bottle of shampoo. I always look for a cashier that looks tired and not really chatty. Sometimes that works out better than others. I once had one lady tell me "good luck, but if it is negative you can have some of my kids". Who says that? Seriously! Anyways...so tomorrow morning is my day of reckoning. I keep telling myself it will be negative, so that when I see that "not pregnant" symbol I won't get so defeated. I still think I might cry if it is.

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I did get to Texas safe and sound. It went great and Addison is soundly asleep.

I am PRAYING hard about tomorrow morning. I am BELIEVING with you that God has a perfect plan for you and Jason.

Ava said...

...praying...
xoxo

Liz said...

I totally identify with you about buying pregnancy tests. When I used to buy them I didn't want anyone to notice. It's so private, you know? The last thing you need is a cashier making ANY comments.

Hope you feel well soon.

Kristen said...

Liz - I think you described pregnancy test buying to the tee.

Praying that God will send your little miracle baby very soon.

<>< Kristen