The past few days have been really rough for me. I don't know if my hormones are just out of balance, or if I am just really living out the sadness that I feel so much of the time lately. I've stuffed a few tears, and I've cried out a whole lot more. I'm not depressed, just feeling the reality of my "situation". Being honest in this world we live in is rather difficult. Sometimes I'm not honest because I want to be polite...most of the time it is that I am embarrassed or self-protecting. I wish that I didn't do that though. Tonight I talked with a sweet and treasured friend. I cried. I wish that I had called her sooner to talk, or been more open and honest with my struggles a few days ago. It is helpful to just get my thoughts and feelings out in the open. To share allows for her to know how to support and pray. She also passed on a link to this blog, which was incredibly soothing to my soul. I know that many women struggle with infertility, but see...my problem is that I don't know anyone else that is going through it right now. All I am surrounded by is birth announcements, pregnancy announcements and the excitement of waiting for other people's babies to arrive. I feel really alone in my struggle. I so desperately want to be excited for those who are pregnant. The last thing I want to be is bitter or unable to experience joy for someone else. But, there is a persistent nagging in my mind of "I wish that was me too!" I find myself praying and asking questions. They are tough questions, because, as of right now....there is no answer! When is my turn Lord? How long Lord? Is this permanent? Is this a season? What is it that You are trying to teach me through this? So, where to from here? I can only keep going back to scripture. It is the only thing that is truly comforting. Psalm 139 has been reassuring to my soul. The story of Hannah & Elizabeth. God was caring for them all along the way, and He is doing no less for me...even now! They all sought the Lord in earnest and He heard their cry. They bared their souls to their Creator, who knew full well their anguish. It is easier to close up and try and cope on my own. But...I would rather live life to the fullest, even if that means owning up to pain and sorrow rather than pretending that I am always fine. It is kind of funny at how often I try to even convince God that I am doing ok, when He knows right well what the true state my heart is in.
So, in pusuit of honesty and authenticity with my friends, I wanted to share the two things that I need the most from those around me. The first thing is that is helpful to just ask me how I am doing. I won't be upset or feel like you are prying. I am not that private of a person. If you become pregnant, are pregnant or just had a baby, please don't shy away from sharing your joys with me! I want to be a part of your life in the same way that I want you to be a part of mine. The second thing is to please pray for me & Jason...and if it isn't too much of a bother.... every now and then shoot me an e-mail or text or comment to say that you did. It is SO encouraging to know that someone else is talk to my Father on my behalf. It makes it feel less like I am plodding along by myself.
God is still good. All the time.
4 comments:
Hey Liz -
You are in my prayers. I know it's never helpful to hear, but I promise that God has a plan for you and Jason and I KNOW it is a perfect plan. Unfortunately we don't get to see the big picture until it's all folded out -- and just about over, but God's seen the last chapter and knows the perfect place to insert that little baby into your lives.
We were living in the midst of trying desperately to understand God's plan about this time last year, when we had a miscarriage 10 weeks into our pregnancy. We didn't know how in the world that would fit into God's plan - and still wonder exactly - but are constantly reminded that God is good.
Sending extra prayers and peace your way,
Kristen <><
Sweet Liz,
I love you dearly and am praying for you. God is good and He knows what we need even when we don't. I know Growing pains and "life storms" are never fun - but they grow us in ways we would never have expected...and through them...you are a light and a ministry to others.
You are a loyal friend and I so appreciate and admire your honesty.
Love, jka
Liz - Although I don't see you often I think about you a lot. I knew that this must be playing a toll on you and I'm so glad to know exactly what you need from us. Know that you and Jason are now on my daily prayer list. I will pray today that God's timing is perfect, but that he may hold you dearly and comfort your mind and your heart as you wait for his plan to unfold.
Hi Liz - I am not even sure how I found your blog, but I am glad I did! My husband and I have been struggling with infertility for the last three years and have found it to be so painful and such a rollercoaster - every month with the hope and disappointment. It gets tiring. I know the sadness of a negative test all too well. We are now pursuing adoption, but it does not mean that I do not still sometimes feel that heartache, especially when I am surrounded by pregnant ladies or people with babies (which seems to be just about everyone right now!). Waiting is so hard and I have often asked the Lord how long this has to last. I wouldn't have chosen this road, but I can tell you that I have learned more about the Lord and His love and faithfulness in the last three years than I ever could have imagined. Cling to Him, and He will carry you through this. I will be praying for you. Thank you for being so honest!
Post a Comment