So...I have been running around like a little chicken with my head about to pop right off! Monday morning, my body said "Enough already....I am making me stay home". I promptly listened to it because it gave me sores on my throat, achy bones and fatigue. The last two days have been spent on my couch with my dear little dog all curled up at my feet keeping me warm. It has been bliss (minus all the symptoms of sickness)!
This weekend we went to OK to visit our dear friends and go to their daughter's tenth birthday party! I am kicking myself that I took my camera but forgot to pull it out and take pictures. I can't believe that little girl is no longer little. I've known her since before she went to kindergarten and watching her grow up has been both a pleasure and a blessing. She is passionate about life, caring/mothering to her siblings, and she longs to do what is right and love the Lord more with each day that passes. I have learned a few things from her in the past few years and though she is much younger than I, still I am honored to know her. Watching her has reminded me about the words of Jesus when He talks about becoming like a child again.
The big news today is that my little brother Andy called and said that he has a girlfriend! AH!! How did that happen? He is too young for women...ok, ok, he is 21, so I suppose it is normal. I hate not living near him so that I can meet her and give my "yay" or "nay". Supposedly she is rather smart. She is from Houston, TX but speaks Chinese, Thai, Spanish and English (of course). I snooped on his facebook and decided that she looks sweet and cute. Just not ready to be dethroned from my position in my little brother's life. Time and age is a cruel, cruel thing.
I also wanted to say "thanks" to those of you that have prayed for us in the past week or two...it means the world to us. May God be praised through all that happens in our lives.
1 comment:
Liz,
I can't imagine the struggle of desiring a baby and that not happening. I'm so sorry the Lord has you in that place right now. I wanted you to know that I just said a prayer for you for peace, patience and contentment. I also wanted to let you know, I know of a girl, who lives in Siloam, who has delt with somewhat similar issues as well. I would love to get you in touch with her, if you are interested. Email me and I'll get you her contact info. jenncastaneda@yahoo.com.
Blessings and many hugs,
Jen
Post a Comment