Saturday, September 6, 2008

the best three years of my life

Last week was Jason's and my third anniversary. Since we had company and things were crazy with work, we postponed celebrating until today. We didn't do anything outlandish, but we did spend the whole day together. We walked around an outdoor mall, drank some coffee at Starbucks, painted some pottery and had dinner at the restaurant where we had our first date ever! It was perfect.

In thinking over the past three years, I have to say that I am more excited today to be married than I was on my wedding day. Not that I wasn't excited then, but marriage has been better than what I thought it would be. I truly have married my dearest and best friend. He still makes my knees go weak when he kisses my neck. His compassion and tenderness never fails to amaze me. His strength and faith in the Lord is something that I have come to lean on in my moments of doubt. For that, I am ever so grateful.

We have packed a lot into these three years. At times it feels as though we have been married for 10 years. There have been some major trials that we've faced together, but the blessings have far outweighed any struggles. We are thankful to the Lord for bringing us together and for providing in ways that we just could not have imagined!

With those blessings in mind, here are a few pictures of some of those blessings:

What a great day it was! Everyone should have as much fun on their wedding day as we had!



My "Baby"...Pooka. I know he is just a dog, but he has really brought a lot of joy to our lives.

This is a picture of our house from last September when we had just finished it up. The grass has grown in now. ;-)

A fun toy for Jason...

One of the most memorable trips in my life:

We are looking forward to the next three years....and many more after that. God is good!

2 comments:

The Wrights said...

Jason & Liz - Congratulations on three years! You guys are great people and an even better couple. We miss seeing you!

Elizabeth said...

You guys are already like an old married couple! I love you for it, too.

Happy anniversary.