Thursday, December 2, 2010

going old school

My house is on a tour of homes for Christmas.  I don't have a ton of Christmas decor, but my mom-in-law sent me home from Thanksgiving with a couple buckets of stuff...for which my wallet is eternally grateful! We've put up most of the decorations and are almost done with the house.  I'll take some pictures when it is all done and show you what it looks like.  But, tonight a sweet friend is coming over and I am going to pop in a Christmas movie and then we are going to do a little classic decorating project.  Oh yeah!  We are going to combine this-
with this...
and hopefully it will look as pretty as this...
But, if not it will have only cost me $1.50 for three bags of cranberries and some popped corn and I will still have had a great time with my friend.  If it looks good when we are done then I am going to wrap it through some garland that is hanging over a doorway.  I love the classic and simple look of Christmas.  I am not huge into the trendy funky colors.  I just like for my home to feel cozy, warm, and relaxing. The big trick with this project will be keeping the dog from eating the popcorn.  Wish me luck...I am gonna need it!  ;-)   I'll let you know how it goes. 


1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I wish I could have seen your house-I'm sure it was lovely, as usual!