Thirty minutes seems like a decent chunk of time, right? Em...no! It's not. I have spent the past three days of taking my kid to the toilet every 30 minutes. Do you know how much other stuff I have gotten done? Not a whole lot. My darn phone alarm is going off all the time it seems. I just get my elbows all soapy in the sink again and then the buzzer goes off.
We are figuring it out though. Slowly, but we are making it! Sorry if I haven't called anyone this week, it's not that I am gone somewhere or doing anything fun. Nope, just spending some time near the ol' pot. My husband came home yesterday and took one look at the bathroom and said "Yeah, so it looks like you have spent a fair amount to time in here today".
Obi is doing great. Getting there. We've almost got the peeing down to a science, one tiny accident this morning. Otherwise dry even at naps and while grocery shopping. We've had two big-businesses get wished a fond farewell down the swirling water. He is so pleased with himself when that happens. It's kinda cute.
I didn't really plan out that this was going to happen this week. I mean, I had joked about it and had started the "going on the potty" conversations. But, this is it...we are going to make it. Probably not without a few accidents, but we are just taking it one day at a time. Or, every 30 minutes at a time, is more like it!
No comments:
Post a Comment