I wrote my mortgage payment check the other day, and realized that I wrote it for 2010. I always struggle to remember to write the new year correctly until about April, but I somehow feel this year it might be past April. Last year FLEW by and it felt like it went just as quickly as it came. You know how when you are a kid you wait all year for your birthday or Christmas or some other event and the days, weeks, months just draaaaaaag on and on. Yeah, how come time isn't like that anymore?
Last year brought some major changes for our little family. Huge ones. For the most part they were decisions that we actively chose. It feels good to be on a "path" per se. We are totally open to God changing our path/plan, but until we hear Him tell us to do something differently, we are moving forward with our plans. I liked that part of last year. I liked the intentionality of it and the fact that we tried to not let life just happen to us.
This year is starting out with us opening up a little coffee shop in our downtown. We are hoping to open within a few weeks (though it may be a few more than that). There have been a lot of late nights and a lot of time home alone with my kiddo at night. I have a newfound appreciation for single parents. It's not cool folks, not cool at all! But, we feel like God is guiding us in this and has surely blessed our endeavors already. We are excited to see it open and for it to be a fun space for people to meet, mingle, eat, drink, and just enjoy friendships...new and old.
Mostly though, I am excited to see what it is that God has for me personally, and for our little family this year. I know that I cannot expect for all things to be good, but I do know that in whatever it is that God does send my/our way that He is with us. And that thought is truly comforting. No matter what changes, or how fast it changes, God remains the same. I suppose that is partially why He is referred to as a "Rock".
1 comment:
This year comes with a lot of surprises indeed!...Daniel
Post a Comment