Thursday, November 11, 2010

today

today I .....

went for a super long walk with my mom.  It was great.  We stopped to feed some horses, played with Obi on a playground, and just enjoyed each other's company.  Being adults together is WAY better than me being a teen and living at home.   Yeah, I tortured her.  I am sorry about that now.

went shopping for a new top to wear to have our family pictures taken this afternoon.  Should I have gone shopping earlier than the DAY OF?!  Yes.  I should have.

am enjoying the cloudy, morose, feeling of the weather.  It is cool, but not cold.  It is overcast, but not pouring rain.  There is a faint musty smell of leaves in the wind, and it reminds me of "home".  I don't know why it does because I didn't grow up with a fall season, but never the less....when I smell those fallen leaves I feel all cosy and comforted by home.  Weird, huh?!

made a cup of hot cider and coffee at breakfast.  Both are sitting half full on the counter.  I am a horrible drinker.  This is how I know that I will never become an alcoholic.  If I can't drink a whole cup of hot, creamy, deliciously sweet coffee while it is still hot and my body needs the caffeine...then my shot at downing too much alcohol is not that great.

am going to make a little stuffed bunny to put in our shoebox for Operation Christmas Child.  If it doesn't turn out so well then I will go buy a little stuffed toy, but I wanted make something for the little boy.  Maybe he won't know that I made it, but I will.  I will pray for this little boy while I make it and hope that he will feel loved when he opens that box.

have Food Network on.  I find that channel so comforting.  I just wish that I could smell what they are cooking.

am putting vegetable beef soup in the crock pot for dinner.  The cloudy weather is begging for some warm soup and corn muffins this evening.

am going to spend some time reading with my kiddo.  More than just before bed time.  He and I fit perfectly in the rocking chair together.  One day we won't. So, today I am going to soak up some of that sweet time together.

really want to dye my hair super blonde.  But I am chicken, so I won't.  I had a bad experience once in college.  It involved henna, and a hat to cover it up, and a comment that my hair somewhat resembled an orange highlighter. I've been a little dye-shy since.

There is a brief look into my day. Nothing fancy schmancy, just a little bit of my ordinary.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I'm reading this post days after you wrote it, but I have to tell you that I love it! Really love it! It's so "you," in bullet form. Pretty awesome, especially when you wrote that you wish you could smell what they're cooking. Someday they'll create an app for that!