Sunday, September 19, 2010

a baby bug

In the past two weeks I have been to see two brand new babies.  They were both so soft, sweet, sleepy, and just PERFECT!  It reminded me of how much I loved holding Obi when he was just hours old.  One of my all time favorite memories of him was that first night.  I had given birth, fed him, made phone calls, got cleaned/stitched up, and then came the quiet of the night.  Jason was passed out on the couch, and the nurse came in quietly to check on us.  She checked Obi's temps and said he was a little cool, but if I would move over a little in the bed she would put him next to me and he would warm up a bit.  I carefully moved myself over and then his little snuggly body was all cuddled next to mine.  I could hear him softly breathe in and out and he had that fresh newborn scent.  It was heaven on earth.   AHH!!  Seeing those two little babes in the last week and a bit has made me thing "Oh, I need another one".  THere is just something so sweet about a fresh baby.  :-)
But, then I walk out of the hospital and my head suddenly gets screwed on a little tighter and I realize, nah...I don't need another one just yet.  One day, but not today!  To all of you mothers that have kids a year or so apart, props to you. I literally have no clue how you do it.   I cannot fathom bringing home a newborn with Obi being at his current stage/age and ability level.  I guess God only gives you what you can handle and He KNOWS that I cannot handle that.  I did treasure seeing my dearest friend hold her sweet one though.  There just isn't anything that can compare to a mother holding her new baby.
Congratulations E.  You did it!   I am so proud of you, and I look up to you so much as a fellow mom.  I know you would say that you are far from being a perfect mom, but you are pretty darn close!  Your kiddos are blessed and very well loved.  Little A is very lucky boy to be born into your family.  Blessings on you all.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Please stop making me cry:) I love you.