Monday, March 15, 2010

a new hobby

For the last couple of years I have grown a tomato plant or two and a few herbs.  I have a tiny little "plot" that is under neath my window sill.  Last year I had grand plans of putting in a huge garden, but the reality of being hugely pregnant and being busy with work and grad school meant that I just didn't get around to it.  This year I am not going to let Spring get away from me without  planting.  So, I've started my seeds and for a total of $45 I now am the proud owner of over 124 little seedlings.  I have a ton more seeds, so any friends that want some, pleast let me know and I will gladly share!!  Wanna know what I am growing?  Here is my list:

Herbs:
Rosemary
Thyme
Fennel
Dill
Parsely
Sage
Mint
Oregano
Basil

Veggies:
Carrots
Corn
Peas
Snow Peas
Green Beans
Jalepenos
Jelly Bean Tomatoes
Butternut Squash
Zuchinni
Green Leaf Lettuce
Endive
Mixed Greens
Radish
Broccoli
Bell Peppers
Pickling Cucumbers (hence the reason I planted dill)

Ambitious? Yes!  Over my head?  Probably.  Excited?  YEAH!!  I am gonna have my man make me a few square foot garden boxes and I I think I get planting my seedlings in the next few weeks.  I am not sure that I have a green thumb, but I would like to think that I can cultivate one for myself.  Only time will tell I guess.  Either way, I am totally pumped.  Wanna see my success so far? (some of these I planted a week ago, and others I planted yesterday afternoon). My Growing light does weird things to my pictures...sorry.

In other news, I am going in TOMORROW for braces.  AH!!  I've had the spacers in for a few days, and honestly, they have hurt so bad that I thought I might not be able to do it.  But, I am trying to occupy my time and take a lot of advil.   If I don't look horrid after the braces I will post a picture.  Just want to warn you that I will probably look like a sixteen year old.  Told Jason that I would really rather NOT get pregnant again while I have those things on.  I can just hear the jokes coming from my brothers.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I can't wait to see it! And eat some of it:)