Monday, June 15, 2009

35 and counting

Dear Son,

We've only 35 days left till you are supposed to come out and meet the world around you. I have to admit, I hope you make your appearance in less days than that. Partially because I am DYING to meet you and see your little face...but also because you have a mean punch to my ribs that is getting a bit painful. I am having a really hard time getting up from bed or off the couch, and before now I didn't know that it was possible to use the ladies room almost on an hourly basis (maybe that is why they make TP with lotion and aloe in it?!).

This weekend we are going up to your Grandma Campbell's house in Wichita so that she can throw a shower for you. Little boy, let me tell you...she is one VERY excited lady that you are on her way. She has bought waaaaay more stuff for you than your own momma has. I am pretty sure that you will be able to twist her arm to get you whatever you want for Christmas. I'm going to have to make sure you don't exploit that as you get older. :-)

Your dad and I are still so far away from having an agreement on a name for you. We keep procrastinating becuase no name seems quite right and secretly we keep hoping that it will just "come" to us. If you have to remain nameless for a few hours after you are born, I apologize. We'll do our best to give you a name that is fun but not stupid. I hope you won't judge us later on.

We haven't set up your crib yet, but that is on this weeks to-do list. Your dresser arrived and is alreay full of little outfits and blankets. All I need is the rocking chair and to hang some things on the walls and then your room will be ready for you. I think I may need to find a rug to go on the floor so that your dog, Pooka, can lay beside you and keep an eye on you. I know that he is going to love you SO much...maybe too much?! We'll have to work on not letting him lick you. Please be patient with him.

Well son, we are praying for you. That God will keep you healthy and strong over the next few weeks and that your arrival will go smoothly. Know that when you get here you have two VERY excited parents to hug and kiss you.

All my love,

Mom

No comments: