So, I have been thinking a lot the past few weeks. Contemplating on life, the new life that is about to make his appearance, the economy, our house situation and what not. I have really had to consciously choose not to worry. When I start fretting over what "could be" or what "might happen" I just have to stop and pray and ask that God would give me peace and that He would do His perfect will in my life. In the Bible there are a lot of verses that about the need for people to trust in the Lord. He told that to the people in the Bible, but He is also telling that to me. So, here is my list of things that tonight I really want to worry about, but am choosing not to:
- our house selling at the right time, at the right price
- finding a new home that will have room for us, the baby, all the family about to visit and our dog.
- all my papers and finals for the next month
- finding a carseat and stroller that meets my budget
- the financial changes in a month when I stop working
- picking a good name for my kid
It is so hard to choose NOT to worry and to just let God handle the details. I was thinking back to the book "The Shack". I don't necessarily agree with everything the book portrayed God to be, but the part that made the most impact on me was that God IS accessible to me. Not only that, but He WANTS me to come to him and say "Dad, I am struggling with this, could you handle it for me?" I often think that he has better things to do and more important people to take care of, but that isn't true. God created me because He wants to spend time with me and love on me. I am trying to rest and bask in that tonight. God is good. Always. Just needed to remember that again.
2 comments:
You ARE important, and I love you so much! I'm like you and tend to worry, so your post was a good reminder for me. We both need to stop fretting and focus on truth. It's all good!
We are done with Add's baby carrier and stroller. It's a nice chicco one, and you are welcome to look at it and borrow/buy it. Let's talk soon!
Love you, dear friend. I miss you a lot this week.
You know that worry really translates to fear of "something" and the bible says Do Not Fear something like 366 times! God knew that we needed to be reminded about this over and over as we naturally have a tendency to worry or be afraid of what might happen. If there is one thing that I've learned in the last couple years it is that God's timing is perfect. As you think about selling your house and the financial provisions for your needs know that God knows the plan, he knows the timing and he will work it out so that it is perfect for your sweet family. The hard part is that God's timing is not always our timing. Praying fo you.
Post a Comment