This weekend Jason and I took off work a little early on Friday and headed up to Wichita to visit Jason's mom and we were hoping to get together with some good friends, Jared & Heidi. We had been looking forward to this trip ALL week as a chance to get away, spend some time together and just relax. So, we asked Jason's brother to house/dog sit for us while we were gone. We got to my mother in law's house in time for dinner and we were watching a movie when we got a phone call. It was a dreaded phone call. It was my brother-in-law, calling to say that he had just flipped Jason's car on it's side into a ditch. When he called the car wasn't on 4 wheels, which is never a good thing! He and the girl were ok, but we spent the next hour and half calling the insurance company, a tow truck and friends to see if someone could show up to the scene and make sure everyone is ok. Daniel and the girl riding with him were both ok and it could have been a LOT worse, considering they were driving super fast around a 'S' curve with the top down on the miata. Thankfully they were wearing seatbelts. The two of them came out without a scratch. The car, on the other hand...was not so lucky. My poor husband has dreamt of having a car like that for years and we were finally able to afford it and make it happen. We haven't seen the car yet, but apparently the driver's side was the side that is torn up, chances are an axle is broken and the engine joints are damaged. The maddening part is that neither of us can remember exactly what our insurance policy covers. We are praying that it will cover all the repairs or the cost of a new car. In the meantime, we are praying about how to react to Daniel and what to say. He isn't our kid, so there is only so much we can do. We need wisdom and grace. Needless to say, our weekend was not the same and Jared and Heidi...we are sorry we didn't get to call you to hang out.
Life sure is crazy, huh? Hope you all had a better weekend than we did. (Oh, I left my cell phone with Daniel in case of emergency (glad I did!), but I am not sure where my phone is at the moment. You can call me at 479-427-9094 for now...sorry, but I don't have any #'s stored in my work cell).
3 comments:
Adrion told me what happened. I am so, so sorry but I am glad that Daniel is ok, physically at least. The little turd is probably really embarrassed, and I'm sure this has been hard on everyone. I had been SO worried about you b/c you never called me back. I suppose the only place you have my number is in that cell phone, so I will call you tomorrow. I love you.
Oh Liz...I'll pray for that insurance to come through for you guys! Oh the joys of adulthood!
Hope today is a happier day!
xoxo
Praying everything will get worked out.
Post a Comment