Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Very fun stuff

Hello to all my friends in the blogging world! I have missed you. :-) The past month has been incredibly hectic and I have no idea how it is November 26th today. Where did the time go? Work has been super duper busy and I made a trip out to Colorado to see my family (will post pictures asap) and then we have Jason's family here for Thanksgiving. They flew in on Saturday and Sunday, so we have been just up to our ears in activity and busyness. Thankfully this weekend we have not much planned. I think a trip to pick out a Christmas tree is on our top priority list along with some serious homework time. Actually only two more weeks left and then this semester is done, crazy to believe! I am so looking forward to my month off of school...it will be a true holiday!!

So, the latest on our baby front is that on day 29 Jason and I woke up and took out the perfunctory little dixie cup to pee in. (does anyone else hate holding the pregnancy test while trying to get pee only on the little felt tip?) I started to brush my teeth and figured that once again....it would be negative. My heart started pounding though when I looked a little closer and saw a line start to appear on the "positive" side. I thought...no, just bleery eyed and surely it is negative! BUT....it wasn't. Yup, folks it is true, Jason and I are going to be parents. :-) We took a few more tests to be sure, but they were all positive. I went early that week and had some blood work done and my HCG levels were totally high and my progesterone was at 43. Now, for those of you that know about progesterone levels, they were just looking for it to be above 11. With such a high level (two weeks ago) and the fact that we were on 150mg of clomid, I am to go back to the doctor next week to do an ultrasound and to do a "head count". AH! When it rains it pours. It doesn't mean that there are twins, but it is an indicator that it could be. We are still trying to absorb all this information and not get too anxious until we know for sure. Looks like the due date is July 19th...so I am only 6weeks and a few days. Still pretty early, but feeling good overall! I am just hungry ALL the time. The nurse told me today that I can only gain 20-25 pounds for the whole pregnancy unless there is more than one and then I get a higher range. (great....doesn't that sounds fun!)

We are so thankful to all of you who have so faithfully prayed for us and walked this long journey with us. God has been so good! This past month I finally reached the point where I was truly at peace with NOT being pregnant and just being content to live the life that God has placed before me. Whatever happens, whether one or two (or more....but I kinda hope not) we know that God will continue to be faithful and ever so present in our lives. We have felt your love and support and know that it means the world.

If anyone has any mommy or pregnancy advice, please send it my way! There is so much to learn and so many choices....who knew there were so many options to car seats? Gosh, I totally thought you just buy one and then sit in it all strapped in. Got a lot to learn. God is GOOD!

7 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I am beside myself with excitement about this baby (babies?) coming in July. You and Jason will be the most loving, fun parents ever. And you will learn all about carseats, cribs, etc. I'll help!

Kristen said...

Oh Liz!!!!!! What a time to celebrate! Our 2nd was due July 19th... I am so excited for you both and KNOW without a doubt that this is all a part of HIS plan. CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!

Ava said...

Yipppeeeeeeeee!

We must chat soon..this is sooo exciting, Liz! If you need some practical and/or fun books to read about pregnancy etc...I have a stack to share that I am finished with.

We are thrilled for you all and pray God's blessings over your growing family!

xoxo,
Jenny,for Scott, Ava, and Jane too!
(she's here!)

Our Family said...

Congrats, Liz! I am soo happy for you!

Andra Beth said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! Liz i'm so happy for you...what an amazing thanksgiving!! i can't wait to see you and give you a big hug.... i hope it all goes well...

The Wrights said...

Oh my gosh! I had to read this twice! Congratulations. Billy and I are so excited go you guys. Oh...and just buy a carseat that grows with the baby so you don't have to buy 3 by the age of 3 years. : )

Angela said...

Liz, We are jumping up and down excited for you. I read the post title, and prayed that it was what I thought it might be! We are so very happy for you. And remember... if you need practice between now and then I have three you can take your pick from for a day, weekend, week... or two!!

We are praying for you. YEA!!!!!!!

Ang