Monday, June 23, 2008

fun weekend

On Friday a dear friend of mine, Heidi Burgess, came to my small town for a wedding and spent a few nights with us. It was wonderful to have a truly kindred spirit around for a few days. We went blueberry picking, helped serve food at a wedding, watched some Gilmore Girls and spent some quality time talking. As a married adult, there are not that many options for staying up late until 2 am talking and laughing and just hanging out with a friend. It was great! Exactly what I needed this weekend. Made me wish that a few people could move back to our sleepy little town.

Today I got my final test back for marital therapy. It was an 'A'! I was so excited...I should end up with an A for the whole class. I really feel like I learned a lot, although I am totally nervous about actually doing therapy with people. I still have one year before I will start doing practicum hours, but still...I feel very uncapable of doing that at this moment. The thing that is encouraging is that I am excited about it. My classes and the things that I am learning keep confirming that this is the road that I should be choosing.

Saturday I went to a wedding. It was simple and cute and very much reflective of the couple. They made one grand mistake however! They asked ME to cut the groom's cake. It was messy, the pieces were more like an obtuse triangle rather than a square and I couldn't get the large white chocolate N off the top without taking the icing with it. So, half of the poor guests that were drooling for chocolate cake didn't get any icing with theirs. I felt rather bad. No point in waiting in line and dumping calories down your throat if you don't have some icing to go with it! The the moral of the story is this kids: if you are getting married, don't ask Liz to cut the cake.

Jason is leaving Thursday for his cousin's wedding in Ohio and then will be in Dallas for a few days afterwards. I am a free woman! Haha...no, actually I am dreading it. I think I might wander down to Muskogee for part of the weekend, do some gardening, do some touch-up painting and hang out with friends. Some more blueberry picking might be in order.

2 comments:

Gow_spot said...

oh sign me up for a late night chatting and moving back to your small town!!

sounds sooo fun... and soo wish i could hang with ya'll too!

here's a SHOUT OUT for gilmore girls!!!!! =)

y que tonto del blog viejo...

Unknown said...

I've been watching a little Gilmore Girls every night! Thanks! See you in a few weeks, we hope. ;)