The college that I work at has google set to alert them when anyone writes something online with their name in it. The post I wrote on Saturday contained a story about a student and her mom. The PR office was worried that if some other prospective parents read it, they would be offended. So, Wednesday morning I had half of the PR office reading my blog and I felt violated and just vulnerable. I locked down my site and just deleted a lot of my old posts. Having written a lot about my journey of infertility and my process and progress, I just felt really exposed knowing that some people I work with would be reading about it. From now on I will be using this new site and won't be using the names of where I work (so that it won't pop back up on their google alert). Sorry for the inconvenience!
Today I finished my final for my marital therapy class. I really, really loved that class and feel like I have grown so much personally as well as professionally. I have 9 hours under my belt...only 58 more to go. :-) Other than that, no new news.
Below is the last post that I wrote on my old blog, just in case you didn't read it:
June 17, 2008
After work tonight I came home, made some dinner (which was pretty yummy!) and then I made my way to the patch. And for those of you wondering, that trip wasn't upstairs to the medicine cabinet and in the box of Nicoderm CQ. No, it was over to Springdale and to Blueberry Heaven. Really, that is the name of the place! It was 20 rows of meticulously kept blueberry bushes, that were laden with the dark blue fruit. I stood there and picked away. A friend went with me and we chatted about life, school, children, breastmilk vs. formula (she has two kids) and whether or not homeschooled kids have the potential to be normal adults. It was so relaxing and exactly what I needed. There is something extremely therapeutic about being outdoors around sundown and having the gentle breeze flow around you and waft the delicate smell of ripened berries. I am pretty sure that when I get to heaven, the house that God has created for me will have a blueberry bush outside! In the meantime...my freezer now has two gallon sized bags of berries just waiting for winter.
In other news...my little brother Dave and his wife Steffi are moving back to the States on Thursday. I am so excited to have them stateside again. I've missed having them around. It has been a long time since we've seen each other. It is looking like the two of them and my brothers Andy and Jon are coming over July 4th for a visit, and then later in July Jason and I and Pooka will wonder over to Colorado to see the folks too. Looks like this summer is shaping up to be fun.
(Oh, and by the way...there isn't a box of Nicoderm in my medicine cabinet, just thought I should clarify).
1 comment:
I'm so happy to see your new blog. It is the highlight of my day.
Post a Comment