Sunday, February 14, 2010

to my valentine

Sweetheart,

Six years ago tomorrow you and I started this relationship that has turned into one of best-friendship, love, and marriage. I can't believe it has been that long, but at the same time when I think of all that has happened it feels like forever.  A good kind of forever. Your kisses are still as sweet as the first one. Your hugs are still comforting and tender. Your friendship is still as fun and crazy as it was when things were new and exciting. But, you want know what has changed? The depth of our love for each other. Though your kisses are still as sweet as before, they are now much more cherished.  Your hugs provide that tender comfort, but they are also a source of strength. As a friend you still make me laugh and you will always be predictably unpredictable, but your friendship has been tried and tested and found to be solid and steady.

Babe, we've gone through ups and downs in life together. Sometimes it feels like a roller coaster, other times it feels like a thrilling sail boat. Throughout it all you are a rock of courage for me to lean against. Your patience is unending and your gentleness never ceases to amaze me.  Your faith is both spoken and quietly lived out, this is something I love so dearly about you.  God knew that I needed you in my life. I am thankful to be on the receiving end of the blessing that is YOU!  So, here is to you babe. To another 6 plus 60 years to us! May we constantly run together in this race called life. Running towards our Lord and Savior.  And, as I have joked before, when we get to the end of the race, I hope that Jesus has our mansions next door to each other.

I hope you know that I treasure who you are. I wouldn't change anything about you (except maybe the fact that you turn ALL your socks inside out when you take them off).  Thanks for picking me to be your wife. I am pretty sure that I got the better end of the deal.  As someone famous once said, "You are the butter to my bread, and the breath to my life".

I love you.

Liz

2 comments:

Lois said...

Maybe mansions with a door which opens into each other.
Glad to hear your thoughts regarding Jason. Wishful.

Pip the mighty Squeek said...

Wow liz,
6 years...wow. You had me at Delilah. Yes that little goldfish you gave me turned my thoughts toward you. I was a guy living a single life in my own world. And you thought I needed a friend and left on my doorstep a fish in a bowl with a note. It introduced my new pet that you bought and named for me. You thought I needed some company. And it turned out that you were right. I thought much about how imposing it was to buy a pet for a person. To foist a gift of responsibility upon another, but that was was just one aspect that made you stand out. Your keen sense to know what others really need. Liz, I love you for this and so many more reasons. For your kindness to strangers and small animals. For your love towards me and my family and family trials. I love you because we were made for each other. I love you because your my buddy in life and lover. From first day we met to our last breath shared on this world, I’ll be at your side, or you by mine, and it won’t be long enough. May God continue in us what he started. I love you.

Jason