Saturday, February 20, 2010

mid feb

yeah, so here I sit and it is the middle of February.  Or, since February is so short...it is basically the END of February.  My little boy turns 7 months next week and I am just flabbergasted with how quickly time is zooming past.  In no time he will be heading off to kindergarten, high school, college and let's face it...he is almost "done growed up" (as they say in my neck of the woods).  Jason jokes all the time about the fact that soon my Obi will be in high school and too cool to hang out with his momma and he will be interested in other girls. I tell him to "hush up and let my baby be my baby".  One day I will have to let him grow up, but today is not that day.  Today he can be my snuggly, giggly, wiggly baby!

We've been busy lately.  Way too busy.  Busy enough that I haven't had much time to write on my blog, or even really think about anything fun, deep, or interesting to blog about. That is about to change though.  Starting this coming week I don't have much of anything on my calendar (save a fun trip to OK on Monday to spend the day with a best friend and do a little celebrating over some precious news in her life).  I am looking forward to actually reading my baby-food-making book, be a good mommy, and just be focused on taking care of my kiddo.

Anyways, I can barely keep my eyes open so I am heading to bed tonight.  I'll be back dear blogging world.  But not tomorrow, or Monday, but I'll be back. And, when I get back hopefully I'll have something fun to write about.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i want to go! i want to be happy in person for the friend too! ;) i'm happy from afar though. 1 extra squeeze from me please!~ Heidi

Lois said...

I am often struck with the fact that I don't have much laughter in my life...not joy, but just plain funny things. Seems I've forgotten how. My focus is more on the Lord, or things I'm working through...hence light-hearted moments are few and far between. That should change, though, because God does encourage healthy laughter...a merry heart doeth good like medicine. So, Lord, some light-hearted moments, please.