What? How did it get to be 2010 already? Last night I was laying in bed next to my husband and we were chatting about all that has happened this year. A year ago we still had 7 months of pregnancy to go through and it felt like FOREVER till we were going to meet that baby of ours. However here we are...with a five-month old. It hasn't been long enough that we can't remember life without him, BUT, we have decided that we much prefer life with our Obadiah Knight. So, favorite moment of 2009...hands down it would be 9:20pm on July 23rd (the epidural sure made the previous moments much more enjoyable, thank you to the inventor of that great delight). We have had some other fabulous memories from this year. So many blessings. The blessings make us feel so humbled and thankful. This year has been the easiest we've had since we were married. Some hard points? Sure. But those just have grown us in good ways.
The past month has just flown by. I can't believe that I've so neglected my blog lately. Part of it has been from lack of anything fun to write about, part of it was that we have been so busy and without internet at times. I hope to spend some more time writing on my blog this year. Writing about the things that matter to me and what the Lord is teaching me about. We'll see how successful I am at keeping up with that! :-)
I have never been one to make new year's resolutions, mainly because I forget what I am being "resolute" about. Case in point- I had toyed with the idea of giving up chocolate (and most sweets) for the year. Not that I typically eat it that much, but thought it would be good for me...if nothing else. Yeah, well, I ended up eating more than one chocolate chip cookie already today, then I remembered my potential resolution. Ruined before even one day of the new year had passed. Meh. If I were to make some fun, hmmm...better said breakable, resolutions I think they would be something like this:
1. exercise on a regular basis
2. avoid sweets and chocolate
3. pick up a new hobby
4. cook a new recipe once a week
Well...it is much beyond my bedtime. My little lamb with surely be awakening soon to eat. So, I'm off to bed. But, I'll be back soon. I promise. Happy New Year to whoever you are reading this. May you be blessed this year.
1 comment:
Happy New Year!, Liz. Hard to believe that we are at the start of a new decade, as well. We started off cold, but the last two days have been warmer.
When it came to resolutions, I left it alone with the exception of wanting a deeper relationship with the Lord. It sounds like that is about where you are, too. It is encouraging to read of what the Lord is teaching you.
This morning I read Ezek. 47 and when I got to our house church, all the songs were about the River of Life - the Holy Spirit. I had prayed about something b/4 I began my devotions, and then had it confirmed 2 times in 1 1/2 hours. When God wants our attention, He gets right to the point in many ways. I was in tears over His greatness, His love, His faithfulness. He will continue to be God this year...just as He has been in the past.
Post a Comment