Friday, September 25, 2009

things

I have been horrible at keeping this blog updated. My darling baby is now two months old. The time has FLOWN by! I can't believe that nine weeks ago I was in the hospital with a brand new baby. It feels like he has been a part of "us" for much longer than nine weeks. For the most part the transition has been super smooth and we've adjusted really well to having Mr. Obi as our son.

Things that have surprised me:
- baby fingernails grow really fast
- how much I love my video baby monitor, it is so helpful
- that I need to pack a change of clothes for myself along with Obi's diaper bag
- I really miss regular coffee
- that I DID eat a lot of dairy....didn't think I did until I had to refrain...sad day!
- my motivation to do homework went from medium to zero
- jumbo and mega packs of diapers seemed like a never ending supply. this is not true, the supply ends rather quickly.

Things that drive me crazy:
- Pooka shutting himself in the bathroom when he wants attention.
- that my cell phone always rings just after I have started to feed Obi

Things that I didn't think about before Obi was born:
- that I don't know the words to nursery rhymes or lullaby's, kinda hard to sing to him if I don't know the words!
- BIG dilema...what to do...load the groceries, then the baby? the baby, then the groceries? what about the shopping cart? Does that go back after the baby is in the car? take the baby with the cart back to the stall, and then carry the baby back to the car? AGH...these instructions weren't in the mommy manual.

Things that I love:
- the smell of my baby right after he gets out of the bathtub
- when Jason talks to Obi and tells him about the fun things they are going to do together
- going on walks together as a family
- snuggling together
- listening to Obi try and "talk" to me
- staying home, instead of going to work

There are lots more things in each category to be sure, but I can't think of any more right now.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

if it helps with one dilemma.... I park next to the cart corral -- more for having a close place to load my pack! ;) But it's also helpful afterwards! ;)